Having household pests is certainly not a good thing. Who would like the presence of pests at their home in Manchester knowing the fact that not only do the pests create damage, but they are infectious too?
However, the fact is we do not notice pest infestation unless there is some kind of huge damage due to pests. Therefore, it is very important to understand the causes of pest infestation and the measures to overcome this problem.
Common household pests
The common household pests that can be seen in a Manchester home are:
- House flies
- Bed bugs
Hiring a pest control servicing company
To overcome these pests, you need to ensure that your house and surroundings are clean and tidy throughout the year, especially during spring and summer. Hiring a pest control servicing company would help get rid of the common pests. Pest control Manchester is an independent company operated by a family that has been serving areas of Manchester with deep pest control treatment for 30 years.
They specialise in providing special treatments against common household pests offering a same-day service. They are efficient, cost-effective, and have a comprehensive tailored solution for your pest control problem whether it is at your home or business area. They provide services using highly advanced products and technology for delivering fast, reliable, and long-term pest control solutions.
Causes of pest infestation
The main reason why you have pests at home is mainly due to the season and weather change in Manchester.
Other major causes are:
- Clogging of water
- Sanitisation problem
- Flooding of wastes
Check the common household pests and common ways to get rid of them:
1)Rats and mice: They try to enter your home at the beginning of spring andbreed in warm weather.
- Infestations multiply very quickly
- Seal the entry points in winter like wall cracks.
2) Mosquitoes: They infest in summers but come out of hibernation in spring.
- To keep the insect from getting too close to your house, ensure there are no spots of stagnant water in your garden, even smaller ones
- Prepare a mixture of essential oil spray
- Spray some apple cider vinegar.
3) Cockroaches: They spread widely during spring and summer.
- Ensure to seal their entry points wherever you can like cracks, gaps in walls, vents, and pipes
- Ensure to keep the countertops in your home free of spills, stains, and no food waste.
4) Flies: They can be seen more during summers.
- Avoid leaving any food waste open
- Keep your bins sealed
- Leave cinnamon sticks or spray cinnamon essential oil with water to keep away the flies
5) Ants: They move around mostly during summers.
- Keep your floors and kitchen tops always clean
- Seal the entry points of exterior wall gaps and cracks to prevent them from coming in
6) Beetles: They are known for infesting carpets and can be seen during spring. Try steam cleaning and vacuuming but a bad infestation might need a pest control treatment.
Hiring a good pest control team is advisable as they will regularly inspect your home to ensure your place is free from common pests.