When it comes to the most cost-effective air-cooling devices, nothing can be better than evaporating coolers that are based on evaporating cooling process. The evaporating coolers are capable enough to provide a cool breeze and cooling effect in every corner of your home or any other space.
What is an evaporative cooler?
An evaporative cooler is often referred to as an evaporative air conditioner, swamp box, or cooler as well as a wet air cooler. It is a device that functions on the basis of evaporation of water to cause cooling of air.
How do evaporative coolers work?
An evaporative cooler draws hot air from outside that passes through a series of wet filter pads which are supplied with water from a tank situated at the base of the unit.
As the evaporative cooler sucks or draws hot dry air from outside, the water poured on filter pads gets evaporated which results in humidifying and cooling of air drawn from outside. This humidified and cooled air is blown inside the home with the help of a fan.
Evaporative coolers are designed to work both inside as well as outside to create a cool breeze and blow cold air inside the home. Unlike other air conditioning devices, you will be required to keep a door or window open so as to provide exit space i.e. ventilation for the air to enjoy a continuous cool breeze.
Evaporating coolers are basically meant for hot, dry, or climates with low humidity as outside air with high humidity will not be able to cause effective evaporation of water on a series of filter pads installed in evaporating coolers. However, in high humidity areas, evaporating coolers can be used to increase or improve ventilation.
When you engage a reliable and efficient company like BlitzAir, you get the best evaporative cooler service Melbourne.
Kinds of evaporative coolers
Although there are several kinds of evaporative coolers yet most common ones can be:
- Fixed to the wall or window that blows air straight into the building
- Installed with duct system so as to provide cool air to a single or multiple locations
When it comes to types of evaporative coolers, there are three types of evaporative coolers, such as:
- Direct evaporative air coolers – also known as swamp coolers, these evaporative coolers are the most cost-effective devices employed to offer you the most effective temperature management solution. These can be portable, easy to install, and energy-efficient air conditioning devices.
- Indirect evaporative air coolers- utilize an indirect method of cooling air in which the pre-cooled air is passed through a series of permeable, wet pad that picks up humidity present in the air. Since air is pre-cooled, indirect coolers cause much less humidity and are ideally suitable for restaurants, industrial spaces, or other businesses to provide cool air in these spaces
- Mounted ‘draft’ air coolers- evaporative coolers can either be mounted permanently or semi-permanently on a wall, window, roof, or ground. These are not portable and all indirect and 2-stage evaporative coolers are usually mounted ones.
Besides the above, you may have :
- 2-stage evaporative coolers combine indirect and direct evaporative cooling technologies
- 2 in 1 evaporative cooler are combinations of direct evaporative coolers and a simple fan.
Should you need to buy or avail perfect evaporative cooler service Melbourne, rely on the expertise of BlitzAir– the most trustworthy name in the field of evaporative coolers in Melbourne.